Land of the Horses

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Land of the Horses! Please read the rules before posting.

FAQ: How do shows work?

Sphi
    Sphi
    Admin

FAQ: How do shows work? Empty FAQ: How do shows work?

Post  Sphi Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:18 pm

There are two kinds of shows.

Riding Academy Shows
    These shows are only for people who take lessons on the riding academy board. I will base the shows off what people have been doing in their lessons... for example, I won't have cross country if nobody has been rping that in lessons. It will probably be dressage and jumpers.

Public Shows
    These shows are for EVERYONE! They are all going to be primarily eventing (dressage, showjumping, and crosscountry) but I'll have jumper classes too for those of you who just want to jump. XD

*** I will have western classes in both shows IF there is enough interest in it (at least 2 western riders planning on entering) ***

You will know about a show 2 weeks in advance. There will be an announcement at the top of the page.

Shows will last 1 week real time, to give everyone a chance to post. On the first day, I will create a new box on the home page for the classes. There will be one board for each class (ie, dressage, showjumping, crosscountry, etc). You can enter in as many classes as you want, and you can either ride your own horse or the horse you normally ride in lessons.

Assume jumps are set at the height you've been practicing at (I'm not going to have separate classes for different heights).

"But Sfeee, how do I enter?"

Well, it's simple. Go to the class you want to enter, and follow these easy steps:

1. At the top of your class is your class info... for jumping classes it will say "Read your course before entering" and for dressage classes it will say "Read your test before entering." I suggest you keep this open so that as you post, you can tell what jumps are coming up or what movement is next.

2. Open up a New Thread in your class board. In the subject line, you must write "[firstname lastname] on [horse's show name]" without the brackets or quote marks, obviously.

3. Now is the fun part! You need to roleplay out your course or test in one post. It can be as long as you want it to be! It absolutely has to corrospond with the course/test info provided. This is to make sure everyone is doing the same thing, so I can judge them.

You will not be able to see what other competitors have written. That way, you don't know like how many faults you need to get to win... so you can't cheat and purposely win. After the week is over, I'm going to close posting on the show boards. At that time, you will be able to go and read all the posts! I'll judge them for however long it takes and then announce the winners.

Dressage tests are judged on a 1-10 basis for each movement.
    Show Jumping and Jumpers are judged on faults (4 faults for a pole down, 8 for a refusal) and time (based on your post)
    Cross country is judged on faults (8 for a refusal) and time (based on your post)
    Anything else is just judged on how well you did. XD

Remember, nobody's perfect! Clear rounds are possible but not very likely. Falls happen. Injuries happen, but aren't common. Make it realistic.

And last but not least, do not argue with me on the winners, okay? Very Happy

With all that being said, I'll let you all know when the first show is. If you have comments or questions, post them as a reply here or pm me.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:18 pm